“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Here are some F
uestions and A
nswers regarding our Internship Placement program.What are the benefits of doing an internship?
- Internships are a great way to get to know future career options in your area of academic strengths and begin networking in fields that interest you. It also provides an authentic forum for you to hone in on professional skills like time management, collaboration, organization, communication, multitasking, public speaking and become more detailed oriented.
- Internships are a great way to build your personal brand for college and future employment.
Who can participate in an internship?
- Most internships are for Juniors and Seniors. However, there are a select few that are for 14 years and up. All you need is a way of getting to your placement after school, on weekends and/or during the summer.
What is required of an intern?
- To periodically meet and communicate via email with your advisor over the course of the program.
- To keep track of their hours and reflect in a journal/blog on the experience. This process will be part of your advisory.
- To dress professionally.
Where have interns been placed?
- Interns have been placed in law firms, publishing firms, marketing and research firms, hospitals, research labs, museums, parks, media, fashion houses, elementary schools, finance and sports networks
How do I find an internship placement?
- Potential interns can seek information from the links on this page.
- Potential interns can also seek placement from their own research as long as it meets the requirements detailed in these FAQs.
What should I do if I'm interested?
- Check the categorized Links for various opportunities. Ms. Mendlowitz is available for any questions or concerns regarding Internships during 7th period on Thursdays & Fridays. You can also email her at email@example.com.