“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Here are some F
uestions and A
nswers regarding our Internship Placement program.What are the benefits of doing an internship?
- Internships are a great way to get to know future career options in your area of academic strengths and begin networking in fields that interest you. It also provides an authentic forum for you to hone in on professional skills like time management, collaboration, organization, communication, multitasking, public speaking and become more detailed oriented.
- Internships are a great way to build your personal brand for college and future employment.
Who can participate in an internship?
- Most internships are for Juniors and Seniors, however there are a select few that are for 14 years and up. All you need is a way of getting to your placement after school, on weekends and/or suring the summer.
What is required of an intern?
- To periodically meet and communicate via email with Ms. Genova-Hall over the course of the program.
- To keep track of their hours and reflect in a journal/blog on the experience.
- To dressing professionally with intent on making positive first impressions.
Where have interns been placed?
- Interns have been placed in law firms, publishing firms, marketing and research firms, hospitals, research labs, museums, parks, media, fashion houses, elementary schools, finance and sports networks
How do I find an internship placement?
- Potential interns can seek information from the links on this page, in Ms. Genova-Hall's office, located in the library, Room 504.
- Potential interns can also seek placement from their own research as long as it meets the specific criteria as listed in the "Links" section.
What should I do if I'm interested?
- Just email Ms. Genova-Hall at email@example.com or stop by her office in Room 504, located inside the library. She is here primarily on Wednesdays, but can be flexible on other days during your study hall or lunch periods.
- Ms. Genova-Hall will also be having an "Internship Fair" on January 24th 2018 from 9-12 with representatives from various organizations that host interns in the summer and during the school year.